Waste Disposal & Recycling
The Village of Round Lake Beach is currently under contract with Waste Management of Illinois for the disposal of refuse, recycling and yard-waste products.
Yard Waste Removal
- Waste Management does yard waste pick-up April 1 through November 30.
- Grass and leaves must be disposed of in brown paper yard waste bags or cans marked yard waste with a sticker on each bag or can.
- The bags or cans can weigh no more than 50 pounds each.
- Brush must be bundled and tied no longer than 4 feet in length and no longer than 2 feet in diameter.
- You can subscribe to the seasonal Yard Waste Pick-up Program. For an annual fee, residents are allowed to put 6 bags or 6 marked cans out per week. Please contact Waste Management for rate information. A sticker is needed for each container after 6. If you choose not to purchase an Annual Yard Waste Pick-up service you can purchase yard waste stickers for each bag, can or bundle you put out.
- The cost for yard waste stickers is $2.65 per sticker.
- Yard Waste Stickers can be purchased at:
- The Village Hall: 1937 North Municipal Way, Round Lake Beach
- Jewel Food Store: 900 E Rollins Road, Round Lake Beach
- Ace Hardware: 659 Railroad Avenue, Round Lake
Fall Leaf Pick-up
- Fall leaf pick up services begins October 22 through December 1.
- Bags must weigh no more than 50 pounds each and will be picked up your regular service day.
- Stickers will not be required for leaf bags only(not yard waste).
For questions, please contact Waste Management at 800-796-9696 or visit their website.
The Village of Round Lake Beach in partnership with the Solid Waste Agency of Lake County (SWALCO) offer a variety of programs for the disposal and/or recycling of clothing and textiles, sharps, electronics, and pharmaceuticals.
Residents can find information on local waste and recycling programs and events offered in Round Lake Beach and throughout the community by visiting SWALCO's website.