- Economic & Community Development
- Solar Landing Page
Solar Landing Page
The Village of Round Lake Beach is currently participating in the SolSmart program funded by the U.S. Department of Energy SunShot Initiative, which helps local governments reduce barriers to solar energy growth and make it easier for homes and businesses to go solar.
*The Village of Round Lake Beach is proud to announce the achievement of becoming a Bronze designated Solar Community through the SolSmart prorgam
Solar Statement: The Village of Round Lake Beach is committing to earn SolSmart designation and will work to improve the solar market conditions, making it faster, easier, and more affordable for our residents and business to install solar energy systems. Click here to read the full Solar Statement.
As a member of MMC's Greenest Region Compact (GRC), the Village supports the following solar goals:
- Advance renewable energy
- Enact policies that support clean energy
- Engage the community in clean energy practices
What is the Greenest Region Compact (GRC)? The Greenest Region Compact promotes sustainability in Chicago communities. More information about the GRC can be found through the following link.
|Interested in Solar but don’t know where to begin or what your solar potential is? Take a look at the resources below to find out more about Solar and information regarding Solar installation, incentive programs, and consumer protection.|
- Grow Solar Local Government Solar Toolkit
- DSIRE - Database of Energy - Related Policies and Incentives in Illinois
- Sunroof Data Explorer
- State & Local Energy Data
Consumer Protection resources
- Interstate Renewable Energy Council: Consumer Protection
- Solar Energy Industries Association Customer Resource Portal
- Solar Energy Industries Association Consumer Protection Resources
Find an Installer
Can be found in the Economic Development Tab.
To view the Village of Round Lake Beach Solar ordinance Click Here.